Here are some tips for beginner renovators.
- One thick and chunky coat is just as good as two or three thin coats. And faster.
- If something's not quite right, apply putty.
- Joint adhesive stuff is pretty cool and fun to use. Be creative in your use of it.
- Don't worry about lifting your house to legal height. It's easier to paint the ceiling if it's a bit lower.
- It's always worth buying a new painting gadget. They usually don't work any better than a standard brush and roller combo, but they create expectations of easy painting, filling you with enthusiasm to start the job.