1. It's lovely. Two bay windows. Beautiful cornices. High ceilings. Fresh paint.
2. It's big. Today we had 20ish people over and it didn't feel crowded. Half on deck, half in dining room (dining room opens onto the deck). I think we could have easily fit another 30. The two big lounge rooms were empty. The other day we had 3 extra boys over. It was raining. They ran around inside and I hardly noticed.
3. It's not too big. It's basically single level so I don't feel like the kids are too far away from me. (I don't like houses where you feel like you're all alone.) Andrew has an office and bathroom downstairs so he can work undisturbed.
4. It's only 5 steps down to the back yard. You can see the yard from the kitchen, deck and dining room.
5. It's across the road from school and a 5 minute walk to church.
|window in our room|