1. A system is an empty box. What matters is what you put inside it.
2. Systems like this are deceptive. They make you think that you have life and relationships under control. You don't.
3. I enjoy the adrenaline rush of occasionally not being able to find things. It makes me think up creative solutions.
4. Show me someone who has every piece of music is filed neatly and I'll show you someone who can't play without a score.
5. Making and maintaining systems can be a procrastination in itself. Don't make a note that you need to make the phone call! Just make the phone call!
6. Creativity is messy. Did Van Gough have a desk like that? Or Einstein? Or Luther?
7. Systems like this can only be maintained by certain personality types. Others will despair.
8. You will achieve more if you ride the wave of your personality. I manage to keep a pretty tidy house by limiting the amount of stuff I have inside it. The letter box is filled with messy, boring paper that will tell me to do things I don't want to do. The letter box can keep it. So can my pidgeon hole at work. If I'm looking or a bill to pay, I know where to go.
Can you suggest #9 and #10?