Sunday, March 22, 2009

Once upon a time

I'm having a go at writing a little musical for Micah's class (prep - 5 year olds). Thought it would be fun if they performed it with their Year 6 buddies.

I've got no idea what will happen in the story yet, but I'd like there to be a bad king who ends up being eaten by a dragon. I've written a fragment of a song celebrating his demise:

Oh no, Old Joe
Eaten by a dragon
What a thing to
Happen to a king

It's not so bad
Nobody is too sad
Next a burp [burp!] and
What is for dessert?

Apart from that I have an opening song called 'Once upon a time', and a closing song called (you guessed it!) 'happily every after'. Neither song actually says anything.

So what should happen in the story? I want it to be narrator-driven, so the kids have very few lines and just have to move around a little bit. I'm thinking 10 minutes should be plenty long enough. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment