Thursday, March 26, 2009

I love teaching

I had two work calls today. Unfortunately I couldn't take both... Hopefully I won't get a big black mark next to my name for saying 'no'.

I'm teaching today's class again tomorrow. They're not the easiest group of year 2's I've come across but by the end of the day I kind-of liked them. They were impressed with my 'lovely lycra' game so I'm in their good books. I know a few of the parents which makes it interesting.

The class had a lot of trouble keeping their bottoms on their seats. I'm thinking of inventing a lockable seatbelt device that would be fitted to the kids chairs to limit movement during work time. The seat locks would be activated by the teacher only. She'd have a little controler on her key ring with a 'class-release/restrict' button and buttons to lock and unlock individual chairs. Super glue would be the alternative. I suggested that to the kids today but they weren't so keen.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just hate it when 6 & 7 year olds can't see the wisdom in your obviously brilliant solutions to their problems? Sigh. :-)

    ReplyDelete