Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'm a PT!

Andrew has agreed to let me be his personal trainer for the next month.  This is very exciting for me.  Maybe not so fun for him.  Need to think how to best inflict pain help him get fitter.

We started last night with a brief strength session:
Abs - 10x roll outs, 15x crunches, 15x leg scoops, 15x raise/lower legs, 15x leg throws
Shoulders - 30x push ups, 30x weighted arm raises, 15x overhead presses
Triceps - 30x kickbacks on each arm, 15 tricep pushups

I need to work out a weekly schedule.  Being January, we're pretty flexible so I should be able to work him pretty hard.  [Just so you know, Andrew is not unfit.  He was training for a marathon last year and could run for 3.5 hours without a break.  He got injured in June and hasn't been able to run since.  He just needs some gentle wifely encouragement to start trying some different sorts of exercise!]

Maybe something like this?

Sunday - Both of us - Swim 1.5km
Monday - Me pump class, Andrew - cardio circuit - skipping and boxing + some strength
Tuesday - Me circuit class, Andrew - Abs, chest, shoulders, triceps, biceps, shoulders + legs
Wednesday - Me - swim, Andrew - big time cardio (jumping etc)
Thursday - Day off
Friday - Me - cardio class, Andrew - swim.
Saturday - Both - strength

6 comments:

  1. PT - physiotherapist, part-time, public transport, posterior-tibial, Problem Tracker, primary tumour, Primary Tutor, Protocol Tester etc. I love acronymns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be taking this veeeeery seriously. Are you going to enter him in Mr Natural Presbyterian or something?

    I've been on a re-tox diet for the past month or so. The thought of anything other than a sedate trundle to the shop on the corner for a bag of chips fills me with inexpressible fear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great! My husband and I are starting C25k this week, and I'm going to get back into doing weights at the gym - hopefully get along to some Body Pump classes.

    Hope you enjoy your workout sessions together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lara - hope your C25K goes well. My friend stared in the middle of last year and is now running 9kms. Andrew and I will only work out together a couple of times a week. Mostly I will be sitting on the couch telling him what to do!

    Al - Ha! Andrew has been re-toxing for the last 7 months. Time for something new!

    Wendy - Personal Trainer. It's when someone gives you permission to boss them around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Al - I'm just hoping to get into that well known publication the PWA 'Men of the Presbytery' Calendar. I'm sure there can be a month for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew. I'll be Mr November if Phil Campbell agrees to be Mr December.

    ReplyDelete