Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Top 5 things I don't like about being a single mum

1. I can't go to the gym in the morning or the night
2. I eat chocolate slice for dinner, because I can't be bothered cooking.
3. I have to take the kids out on all the little errands. My usual practice of 2-3 trips to Woolworths a day is not viable.
4. There is no natural end to the day - normally Andrew will finish work and come upstairs.
5. There is no one else to tell the kids to be good. I unpacked the dishes myself because it was less draining than getting one of the kids to do it.

[Andrew is away for a mere 6 days. My list might look different if it was permanent. The items are in the order I thought of them.]

6 comments:

  1. But you did get to have 'coffee' with me! M was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why on earth would you want to go to Woolies 2-3 times a day?! For the air-conditioning?

    I try not to go more than 2 times a week. Yes, I know we don't have a tribe of hungry boys but we do have to keep almost everything in a smallish fridge/freezer due to mould and ants.

    Bet the boys liked choc. slice for dinner; or did they have to have something else? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No - the boys didn't have chocolate slice. I made them something boring and healthy.

    I don't to go shopping that often. It's called disorganisation. You probably wouldn't know about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, Simone, it is very Japanese! They often shop daily. You get the freshest ingredients that way! They also usually carry their groceries home on a bike, so I guess the comparison falls down about there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to be able to carry whatever I buy to the car. The stairs are quicker than the escalator. I stop shopping when I judge that the trolley-load is getting too heavy for my arms. I'm reasonably strong so I can carry quite a lot. $70 worth today.

    ReplyDelete