Tuesday, September 8, 2009

recipe tag!

The lovely Ali has tagged me in a recipe, err, tag, so how could I resist. Here are the rules:

* I post a recipe here and tag four people.

* They choose one ingredient from my recipe and post a recipe using this ingredient on their blog, linking back to the previous blog that posted a recipe.

* They then tag four new people, and we will see how it grows.

* To keep it exciting please post within a week of receiving the tag.


Okay. Thought I'd be honest and give the last thing I cooked. Here it is:

Dinner from last night (as it evolved)

1. Defrost 600g lean mince

2. Find a bag of 6 potatoes. Peel. Wonder what to do next. See a crinkle cut cutter on the drainer. Chop potatoes into chip shapes with crinkle cut cutter. Put on tray with oil. Turn on over to 200 ish.

3. Get mince from microwave and look at it. Wonder what to do. Put it in bowl with breadcrumbs, tomato sauce, egg, salt and CRACKED PEPPER (Ali's ingredient). Mix with hand. Realise that I've been on the way to making rissoles but can't grill them because I'm using the oven for the chips. Stop. Wonder.

4. Pull out a slice-type baking tray. Line with paper. Make meat balls and put close together on tray.

5. Cut an onion. Sprinkle onion over meatballs.

6. Pour jar of Dolmio sauce over meatballs and onions.

7. Sprinkle grated cheese over meatballs, onions and dolmio sauce.

8. Put chips and meatball thing into oven.

9. Find Broccoli and Cauliflower (my 2 favourite veges). Cut up finely. Put in microwave safe bowl with a little water. Cover and ccok on high for a while.

10. Mix a bit of flour with salt and pepper and some milk (1 cup?). Tip over broc and cauliflower. Mash up a bit and cook some more.

11. Hope chips, veges and meatballs are all ready at about the same time. Eat and enjoy.

Hmmm. Who should I tag? Wendy? Naomi? Andrew (go on honey!) Lucy?

No comments:

Post a Comment