Sunday, September 20, 2009

dissapointment

For the last five days I've been excited about the prospect of clean windows.

This evening I was finding it hard to contain myself... Tomorrow's the day, tomorrow's the day! My wise friend tried to throw a blanket over my enthusiasm by warning me not to pin my hopes for happiness on any single thing. I laughed at her. This is no single thing! This is 12 windows!

But now I am a sad mess. My window cleaning man just rang and cancelled.

I'm sure there is a lesson in there somewhere.

3 comments:

  1. We used to clean our first floor windows with a hose and an attachment you could buy - basically a plastic bottle of Windex. The hose shot water into the bottle, which then sprayed water out of a nozzle, so you could shoot Windexy-water up quite high in the air. Not the best use of water in drought conditions, perhaps, but one round of Windex magic and a follow up rinse before it dried, and it was good as new.

    Can't remember where we got it - supermarket, Bunnings, elsewhere - but the rush of window-cleaning omnipotence was pretty cool to experience. Might be the cure to your disappointment...

    (And yes, we left the flyscreens on - it just meant a little more on the 'rinse cycle' was needed)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My window man comes tomorrow now! We aren't allowed to use the hose. Water restrictions continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, missing local knowledge. Well, perhaps once the anticipation regarding tomorrow is over, you can look forward to an era without water restrictions, an era of easy and regular window washing, a foretaste of our eternal home where the windows never need washing ;-)

    ReplyDelete