Wednesday, September 16, 2009

the joy of soon-to-be-clean windows

Everyone has certain things that they need to have clean for sanity's sake. For me, it's the washing up, the floor and the windows. The washing can be way out of control and the bathroom can be a health hazard, but if the floors, windows and kitchen are clean, I will sleep well at night.

For the last 2 years the disgustingly dirty state of my windows has been frustrating me. Our house is highset and every window has security screens so I have no way of cleaning the outsides. I suspect that they haven't been cleaned since the house was built 45 years ago.

But I've finally bitten the bullet. A man is coming on Monday to clean my windows for me. I've never spent money on something like this before and am feeling hap-hap-happy.

Rejoice with me. Life is about to get better.

2 comments:

  1. I paid a guy to come mow my lawn a few weeks back. Please don't tell anyone ... it goes against everything I stand for ... and I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself (well, except that the mower doesn't go).

    But skipping straight to the bit where I sat and had a drink on the verandah was so worth it.

    ReplyDelete