Sunday, September 13, 2009

Idol Review - Top 11

So Ashleigh's gone. Stupid decision, Australia.

Hayley - She's great. I love watching her sing. Hope she stays till the end.

Casey - This guy needs to go. Boring. If you're singing 'I'm not over it' - then be not over it! I wish he'd stop leaning over.

Kate - Yeah. She's just not my favourite. Maybe it was good, but I'm not into it.

Nathan - Thought the comment that he doesn't know who he is yet was insightful (though how many 16 yo boys do?) and that's what all the posing and preening is about. Still hate the fringe. If he really wants to be vulnerable, he should pull it back and let us see his face. But he sang really well. It's the first time I've been interested.

Toby - A pure voice. Interesting almost. Still not quite getting him.

Tim - The judges thought he was good. I could have changed channels at any point.

Sabrina - Thought she was good. I like that she didn't talk back this week.

James - I love this guy. The genre wasn't particularly him, but he still held my attention.

Scott - Yeah, a bit amateur, but he's more interesting than some and I don't want him to go yet.

Kym - Pretty good, probably. Dress makes me nervous too.

Stan - Crowd pleaser song. Good choice. Well sung.


Favourites from tonight - Hayley, James, Stan, Sabrina, Nathan.

Middle of the road, I don't care - Kim, Scott, Tim, Toby, Kate.

Who should go - Casey.

I'm not feeling really into Idol this year. I probably would have not bothered, except the kids are keen. Maybe I'll warm towards it.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm not very interested either. It's partly because there's no Monday show to maintain the momentum of enthusiasm.

    Most of them are boring, or annoying. I still only like Stan and Scott. Much prefer Stan's 'tude to Toby's dull niceness.

    Also was very impressed with Suzie Quatro's hair.

    ReplyDelete