Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Poor wording apology

In case anyone misunderstood my poorly worded post below, I think Nicole's missional motherhood posts are great.  That's what I was trying to say.  I like Nicole stuff because she encourages us to let the gospel shape our family life.  This means we'll go out of our way to befriend and serve people even if they are unlike us.  With such a mission, life for us, our husbands and our kids will be less 'peaceful' (in a worldly sense) but more Christ-like.

Sorry for my careless wording.

[I am intentionally not linking to the peaceful family life blog I wrote about in the post below.  My policy is to not link to or comment negatively on blogs unless I regularly read and comment (positively) on them.  If I had linked to this particular blog, there would have been less confusion.]

3 comments:

  1. I read it this morning and didn't take offence at all - quite the opposite. I 'got' what you were saying and was pleased that you 'got' what I was trying to say in that post! Maybe my self esteem is a little too robust, but it didn't occur to me for a moment that you were saying my mission was the opposite of Jesus' mission!

    But thanks for being so thoughtful about the possibility of being misread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got what you were saying...didn't think you were criticising nicole either!

    ReplyDelete