Wednesday, March 17, 2010

what I like about being a parent

Child #1 sits next to me and asks a hundred questions about all sorts of stuff just because he likes to.

Child #2 takes my pillow to bed with him each night because he thinks it's the most comfortable one in the house (which it is!) but also because it's mine.  I steal it back when I go to bed.

Child #3 has long skinny legs and a front tooth missing.  He still occasionally comes into our bed at night ("It is WAY too dark out there!") but wriggles so much that we evict him pretty quickly.

Sometimes I'd like to just hold on to now.

2 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely post! Such a beautiful window into the joy of the little things in relationships - little but important. Glad you've caught this snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what I like about being a sister

    Brother A strolling in and out of rooms making sarcastic comments about everything and anything (just because he likes to)

    Brother B caring about my opinion of his growing novel about the life of three medieval lords

    Brother C bursting out spontaneously at times to say, "Oh, Anika, you look so cute!" and begging me to bend down so that he can pat my head (?)

    Boys are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete