Tuesday, March 2, 2010

tabs

How many internet tabs is too many to have open at any one time?

My limit is 6.  That's the number the top of my firefox browser can comfortably hold.  Any more than that and I start to stress.

Andrew's limit is about 300.  I panic when I look at his computer screen.  I quickly kill about 20 of them then realise the task is beyond me so I open up firefox again in (yet) another window.  I'm sure his computer has tabs still open from last easter. And it's not just me.  Others have spoken about Andrew's excessive tab use.

How about you?  How many tabs do you have open right now?

9 comments:

  1. Currently 15, now that I've opened a tab for this post. Some will go in the next day or two.

    I also use Firefox. You can get some nifty script add-ons such as Faviconize to make individual tabs smaller (just the logo). There's also ones to make layers of the tabs (too many tabs) and if you want to make sure you don't [or your spouse doesn't :-)] accidentally close crucial tabs you can get Permatab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are 300 useful things on the internet??!

    I need to have a lie down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit I'm like Andrew. I currently have 20 tabs open in this window and another 25 in my other window.

    When I start to feel there are too many tabs open in window, instead of closing some, I just open another window and continue going.

    Peter gets frustrated with the large number of tabs I have open and sometimes comes along and closes all the ones he thinks are unnessasary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 2 right now. I can do about 5, but it makes me feel edgy, like control is about to slip from my grasp. Security is 1 open tab.

    My wife is a multiple tabber, which makes me wonder if it's a woman thing, that they are happier to multi-task.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the moment, 7. 10 would be average. I close most of them at the end of each session though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have about 6, this would be about average. Too many and I get too distracted (the old ADD creeping in). If there is some place I want to remember, I bookmark it. I'm with you, Anthony - lying down seems an appropriate response.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 23. I've shut about 20 because I've blogged them already today.

    ReplyDelete