Wednesday, March 24, 2010

the busy christian's guide to busyness

I'm reading this. Hoping it will change my life... a little bit.  I like (almost) all the things I'm busy with, and don't really want to give anything up!  I try to fit in one thinking/reading day a week, one day with Andrew and one day with the kids... but sometimes things get a little out of control! 

His 4 steps are:
1. Use your time efficiently - he has a whole dreadful chapter about things like intrays! Awful stuff.  A quick skim through was enough to know that I didn't really want to read it!  (I wonder what he would think of my practice of going grocery shopping almost every day?)
2. Sort out your priorities.  I enjoyed this chapter.
3. Glorify God all the time. (I'm up to this chapter)
4. Identify the desires of your heart that make you try to do more than God expects of you.

Family preciousness gets on my nerves. (I'm guilty of it at times.)  So I like this quote:  "I shocked someone recently by asking them to name one occasion on which Jesus speaks positively about families.  Every time Jesus talks about families he sees them as competing for our loyalty to him and his community." p59.

2 comments:

  1. You really like this author, don't you Simone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the author too.

    I need to get this book. Especially for chapter 1. I am the most inefficient user of time that I know of.

    Grocery shopping every day? I like it.

    ReplyDelete