Sunday, March 28, 2010

carrot pancakes

The great thing about the internet is that it gives me a forum in which to feign competence in areas in which I really have very little competence.  My friends generally do not ask me for cooking advice.

So make what you will of this post.

Here's a recipe I made up tonight.  (The cupboards are bare and I need to fill lunch boxes.)  The kids' verdict was 'pretty good' but my cooking is all they've ever known.  I think they'd be better with more sugar (but that would defeat the healthy thing I'm trying to go for.)


Carrot Pancakes

Ingredients:
3 carrots, cooked and 'pulverized' (as Micah says!)
2 cups SR flour
salt
one dessert spoon sugar
2 eggs
2 cups milk

Method:
Combine ingredients.
Beat with electric beaters.
Heat frying pan and spray with oil stuff.
Pour spoonfuls of mixture into pan and cook.  Flip, cook again. Remove from pan.

4 comments:

  1. Vanilla instead of sugar?

    I like the stripy effect - 'bumblebee pancakes'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My frying pan has a really obvious element!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your 'healthy' definition/criteria?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want something sweeter without adding sugar, try pumpkin either with or without the carrot.

    ReplyDelete