Tuesday, August 4, 2009

every woman needs a room

Apparently, every woman needs a room of her own to decorate herself, carry out her projects etc. What would your room look like? How would you decorate it? What would you put in it? What would you do in it?

[Guys, you can answer too.]

Here's mine.

I don't need a room. Just a table in a coffee shop. Nice comfy chair (lounge style), space I can work with unlimited caffeine drinks and lots of people to look at. Backpack with a jumper (and, if I could get away with it, a blanket - I like to be warm), lots of pencils, 3 scribble books (one blank, 2 with lines), and a few books/articles to read. My table would be in a corner or along a wall, but I'd need to be sitting so I could watch everyone walk by.

How about you?

2 comments:

  1. depend on what I'm to do... I'd love a craft room, currently i have to share with Mike. The problem we have with that is that he is SUPER tidy..me, well I'm not. My craft space is an entending kitchen table(in case i run out if space) and a book case to organise all my bit so i can grab them easily, and a set of draws.

    But i could also get by with a corner in a coffee shop, park, or library where i could see the world but not have to talk to anyone...with a note book, latest book i'm reading, pencil case of stuff, diary...a time to organise, chill and sort out life...I'm a list maker, so a napkin and pencil and i'm set!!!

    Oh I wish i could have the corner somewhere right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My room would be an attic in an old house. It would sort be like a library, with big bookshelves full of old books and comics. There would be a big leather armchair with a little table beside it, with a lamp and a lolly jar (with broken up squares of rum and raisen chocolate). In this chair I would read and smoke cigars. And eat chocolate.

    Under the window would be an old wooden desk where I could do stuff, and there would be a divan thing next to it for when my studies had wearied the soul. There would also be a record player with a selection of old records, and a rug on the floor, so I could lay on the floor when I wanted to listen to music (the best position, I have found).

    ReplyDelete