I may need to cut a lesson from my Acts curriculum.
At the moment it looks like this:
1. Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria, Ends of the Earth (Acts 1)
2. Pentecost (Acts 2)
3. In the name of Jesus (Acts 3-4)
4. Stephen (Acts 6-7)
5. To Judea and Samaria (Acts 8)
6. About Face (Saul's conversion - Acts 9)
7. Cornelius (10-11)
8. Mission Unstoppable (Paul and Silas at Philippi - Acts 16)
9. To an unknown God (Acts 17)
10. To the ends of the earth (Acts 27-28)
Which would you cut? I was planning to cut Cornelius (#7). All those clean and unclean animals are too abstract. But I don't think I want to any more. The Jew/Gentile thing is huge in Acts. Would anything be lost if I cut #9?
What do you think?