Friday, April 10, 2009

spur 09

I'm going to this ministry conference in a couple of weeks. I've been asked to help run a seminar for women thinking about full time christian ministry. Any ideas about what should be said in such a seminar? I'd love suggestions, particularly from women who are or have been in christian ministry. But also from everyone else. Email me or comment anonymously if you'd prefer.

I've never worked for a church or anything but have talked extensively with women who do. I think they have the hardest job in the world (well, maybe not quite...) Maybe I'll write a post sometime on why I think they do it so tough.

2 comments:

  1. Tough question. I don't know if you are looking for resources, but there is US mag for women in ministry (and ministry wives) called "Just Between Us". http://www.justbetweenus.org/ It is a very encouraging read.

    One thing I would say is that you really need to have a clear sense of calling. If you don't then when the going gets tough, you will question your "call" and want to back out.

    You need to find friends who are not related to your ministry. For example, a minister's wife needs to have friends she can confide in outside of 'her' church.

    Hmmm, it's bedtime now, from this mum who happens to be a missionary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops, that last sentence is supposed to read:

    Hmmmm, it's bedtime now, for this mum who happens to be a missionary.

    ReplyDelete