Monday, May 18, 2009

what I hate

I hate that all the trees have been chopped down where we used to walk to make room for a new road.

I hate that my Grandparents-in-law who died a couple of years ago would now not recognise this area though they lived here for 60 years.

I hate that my kids are growing up.

I hate that everything is temporary.

I hate that there are people going through the most devastating pain and that my life goes on.

I hate that people blame God for all the bad stuff.

I hate this whole one-directional-linear-time thing.

I hate that the trees outside my window can be so beautiful while the creation that houses them is so so sick.

I hate that the sin in me tarnishes everything I touch.

I hate that people say that kids get over grief quickly.

I hate that the new creation hasn't begun yet.

I hate that the sun still rose today even though a little boy is lying cold in a morgue.

3 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you and Luke's family today,
    May rest well in his peace tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your eyes on Jesus, Simone. We are supposed to hate these things. The longings we feel are leftovers from the perfect world we were designed to live in and where we'll one day be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking of you this week, and especially praying for Andrew as he takes Luke's funeral. I think when I was younger I thought that as a Christian I would somehow be insulated from the pain of this world because I had the hope of resurrection and restoration. Now I think that almost the opposite is true - having the hope of restoration and resurrection means that we cannot turn away from the darkest places and the most hurting people but must truly know the pain of this broken world.

    ReplyDelete