Thursday, May 21, 2009

A busy next few days

tonight - proofread text for new emu cd, write sunday school lesson, wrap up birthday presents for Sat and Sun, washing, finish getting things ready for Luke's funeral tomorrow, boil eggs for sandwhiches tomorrow, sort spell-a-thon money (due tomorrow).

tomorrow - gym, get dressed, buy bread from shops, drop child #2 and child #3 to school, make sandwiches for funeral, go to funeral (with child #1), clean up church, pick up kids, go home and cry, get sorted for Saturday

saturday - 6am flight to Rockhampton with kids 1&3. James' birthday party. Fly home at 9.15pm.

sunday - pick up friend from airport, go to church, teach sunday school, organise child #2 for birthday party

A busy few days. I'm going to see how many of tonight's things I can get done while watching tv.

4 comments:

  1. wow you have a big weekend ahead of you!!
    Praying for and the family tomorrow, funerals are never easy, but they seem so much harder when it's a child.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know how you went. Personally, I'd advise NOT trying to proofread while watching TV, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Simone,
    Praying for you.
    And a poem for you.
    ~ Meredith

    Child of My love, lean hard,
    And let Me feel the pressure of thy care,
    I know thy burden, child; I shaped it,
    Poised in Mine own hand, made no proportion
    In its weight to thine unaided strength;
    For even as I laid it on I said,
    "I shall be near, and while she leans on Me,
    This burden shall be Mine, not hers;
    So shall I keep My child within the circling arms,
    Of Mine own love." Here lay it down, nor fear
    To impose it on a shoulder which upholds
    The government of worlds. Yet closer come,
    Thou art not near enough; I would embrace thy care,
    So I might feel My child reposing on My breast.
    Thou lovest me? I know it. Doubt not, then,
    But, loving Me, lean hard.

    Source unknown

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. We're through.

    Meredith - I like the word 'lean'. I might steal it some time.

    ReplyDelete