Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dr. Rocktrin 2 Coming Soon!

Exciting days. Emu's next kids cd is at the mixing stage. Each day I get another almost complete song sent to my inbox. I may be biased, but I think it's going to be a good cd.

It's in the Doctor Rocktrin series which is pitched towards older kids (but my five year old loves it too). Musically, it's half rock and half pop. Paul Sheely and Rob Smith have written the rock half. Philip Percival and I have written the pop songs (We've drawn inpiration from the High School Musical movies - but hope that our songs have more content!) Many of the songs are suitable for singing in Sunday School or in other children's ministries. Some of them are especially for kids (and grown ups!) to listen to on their cd players or ipods.

The Doctor Rocktrin series aims to teach kids basic christian doctrine. This cd has songs covering:
  • god's bigness (all the omnis)
  • the trinity
  • election
  • the uniqueness of christ
  • salvation
  • atonement
  • the nature of sin and repentance
  • living for jesus
  • hope and comfort
  • the new creation
Look out for it. It should be available from emu music next month.

5 comments:

  1. That's great! Someone sent us the first one and it has been given plenty of air time in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I give up.

    This sounds like a great idea. I'm all for it.

    The thing that's bugging me is the 2. Where's the 1? I've looked on the Emu site without any luck...is this a project that's just come in from the cold or something??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anthony. I'm calling it Dr. Rocktrin 2 because the actual name's not quite set in stone yet. Dr. Rocktrin #1 is called 'Get Ready'. You should be able to find that one.

    Dr. Rocktrin is a play on the word 'doctrine' (in case you didn't get it!). We're thinking about our kids cds in 3 series - the Doctor Rocktrin series (for older kids), The King, snake, promise series (includes 'meet the king' and hopefully one on acts that we'll make next year) and the J is for Jesus series (include very big god) for preschool kids. We need to work on making this clearer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Simone - that clears it up nicely.

    I was going to crack some bad joke about how I'd call it that too if the real name was 'not quite set in stone yet', and then realised I'd be stealing my bad joke from my old youth group leader, whose band name was 'still thinking'...

    Must be the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete