Thursday, March 7, 2013

Prayers for friends

For unbelieving friends


Dear Father.

I know you to be a lover of the prodigal and a welcomer to the lost. I know that you desire for all people be saved and none to perish. I remember the kindness you showed to me when I was blind to your goodness. You opened my eyes and revealed to me your righteous demands and my own unrighteousness. You comforted my heart with the grace of the gospel and caused me to trust in Jesus. Today I ask you to do the same work in the lives of _________,  ___________ and ______________. Please open their eyes, forgive their sins and cause them to live for the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen

For a Christian friend (far away)

Dear Father.

Thank you for loving _____________ and bringing her into your family. Thank you for the friendship that we share due to the common bond of grace. Please watch over her and protect her from harm. Keep her safe in your love. Guard her heart from temptation and strengthen her will to be faithful to you. Spare her from pride, from self sufficiency, from greed, from envy, from malice, from slander, from discontent, from lust, from laziness, from apathy, from despair and from all sin that will pull her from you. Help her to love and serve others with joy, to work diligently, to rest well, to pray, and in all things to delight in the name of Jesus.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment