Of course my MacBook is just the coolest machine ever.
But I'm having trouble with a few things. Not the MacBook's fault of course. Mine. And the world's.
My top 10 computer change over issues
1. The delete key is where I'm used to having a backspace key. It's killing me!
2. The plugs. I need to buy an adaptor thingy before I can hook my mac up to a projector or anything else.
3. Ed Qld can't deal with Macs. Not sure what to do about this. The tech support girl at school didn't have a clue. I want to be able to use the smart boards. I want to be able to use the internet from this computer at work. Tricky with a non EdQld computer. Unheard of with a mac. [Today I was given a school laptop. I tried to download itunes. (Necessary for a music teacher.) The computer/internet connection tried for an hour then gave up. Good times ahead.]
4. I'm halfway through copying my music library over. Oh man. Long process. I haven't even started moving everything else yet.
5. I have a long list of blogs I occasionally check. Haven't moved these over yet. Not sure if there would be an easy way...
6. I'm missing CorelDraw already. If I can't live without it, I'll put windows on here and run it through that. But that seems to be defeating the purpose...
7. I don't know where my files are going. I know I'm saving them, but don't have a sense of where things are. Feel like I'm just chucking everything in a big drawer. I know I'll work this out soon, but I miss my old system.
8. I'm still getting used to the touchpad. Right click isn't so easy to do... but I'm told there are key combinations and stuff that make things really fast.
9. I am a little nervous that someone might steal it at work. Not really nervous. Just a bit. There are 260 computers at school (mostly laptops) and no one takes them. But no one would want to.
10. Deep down inside I question whether I am cool enough to have a mac. Am I worthy of it? Down doubts! I have a mac. I must be hip.