Monday, February 16, 2009

more on paperwork

Because of my phone call to CCLI last week updating our address, I've just gotten paid for the first time in 18 months.

Unfortunately, because I've never given them my tax file number I'm getting taxed at 50c in each dollar. Andrew doesn't think we can recover the money.

Oh well. That's just how things are, I guess.

If I was anyone else, I'd consider filling in a tax file number declaration form so it doesn't happen next time. But I'm me so I won't.

The CCLI people are brilliant to work with. They are used to admin incompetents so just accepted my patheticness and said they'd sort things.

[AAHHH! Just noticed that many of my J is for Jesus songs aren't up there yet. That'll teach me to write songs independantly. Collaboration all the way. (Anyone want a job? I'll give you a 50% cut in royalties if you do my paperwork for me. Surely it's better for me to get 50% than nothing at all!)]

1 comment:

  1. I've just started a Diploma of Accounting. You might guess from this that I actually don't mind filling out forms. :-)

    I'd take you up on the job offer, even filling in your TFN form for you (I can't remember my own, why would I want to remember yours?) - only problem is the 1000km distance between us. :-)

    And you might be able to get it back on your tax return. Or if you fill in your form and get it to CCLI (I'm surprised they can't just take it over the phone) before the end of the tax year they might be able to reclaim this year's tax from the ATO for you - Suncorp said they could do that for one of our accounts that actually! earns interest.

    ReplyDelete