Thursday, February 5, 2009

it's not fair

We are going to my sister-in-law's wedding on Saturday. She is getting married at Forest Edge, Neerim East, a couple of hours from Melbourne. [An aside: Victoria is surely a silly place. It will be 43 degrees on Saturday. 43 degrees!]

For weeks I have been looking for a nice dress to wear to the wedding. I've tried on dozens and most looked worse than dreadful, despite the fact that I'm smaller now than I've ever been (sz 8-10). But tonight I found three dresses (from this shop) that fitted very nicely and bought one of them. I was feeling content. Hours of shopping had yielded a good result - one dress.

I then had 20 minutes before the shops closed to buy something for Andrew to wear so he wouldn't have to swelter in his suit. I did it. New pants, new tie, new shirt. Easy.

Brought them home for Andrew to try on. Here's the injustice. He looked great. Very sharp. Heaps better than me.

Men are just easier to dress than women. Put them in a shirt and tie and they look good. We go to hours of fuss and bother chosing the right thing and never look as good anyway. It's not fair.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know dianna ferarri did clothes. The dresses look classy. I'm sure you look just as good as Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simone, I had exactly the same problem. And I found a beautiful dress in Diana Ferrari... that was completely the wrong colours for me! I had a rant to Andrew about how capitalism promises choice - but all you get are nine million shops selling exactly the same thing!!
    But I found a nice dress in David Jones in the end... See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Diana Ferrari - very nice clothes and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Jo.

    Probably won't see you tonight.

    Jetstar is stupid. Really really stupid. We are spending the day on the Gold Coast with P+L and Noa.

    We hope to arrive before the ceremony begins, but who can say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. easier maybe, but we have to wear hotter clothes. With a dress there's at least a little bit of breeze (so I hear), but with a suit and tie.. horrible.

    ReplyDelete