Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Things I learnt during our holidays

I like holidaying with my family-in-law

I like swimming

I like swimming up and down pools, over and over again

I like swimming across bays

Goggles are unnecessary

Snorkels aren't a great help for lap swimming

It is easy to stand up on a wind surfer when the board is the size of a small island

Wind surfing isn't that much fun when there's no wind

Kayaking works best with the correct number of people on board

I like deserted beaches

I like a good romance as much (and probably more) than the next person, but Mamma-Mia was dumb.

Being on a tropical island is great

Being stuck on a tropical island is quite a different thing to being on a tropical island

Room service is good, but some prefer to wash up before the maid arrives

Resort holidays are relaxing

I'd prefer an adventure holiday over a resort holiday

Nadi (Fiji) looks alot like Innisfail or Tully in North Qld.

QLD has better coral.

New Zealand is an interesting place

One can only sit in a hot pool for so long

Hot mud smells

I'm very interested in volcanoes.

Tall mountains don't have trees on top.

Doing weights after a 12 day break hurts.

I like bush walking.

My children whinge while bush walking

I like look outs more than my kids do

I am turning into my parents.

Groceries are much cheaper in Australia than in NZ or Fiji

Corrugated iron is all the rage for any kind of signage around Hamilton, NZ.

I prefer to watch TV shows on planes than movies

Doctor Who is cool

I write some of my best stuff on planes and in airports

I love Australia.

I'm hopelessly, embarrassingly, patriotic.

I'm pleased to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment