Monday, January 26, 2009

school goes back tomorrow...

...ready or not.

Our youngest starts at prep. The official end of my little-kids-at-home years.

I'm not sure whether I'll cheer or cry after drop off. Maybe I'll just go to the uniform shop and spend up big. He will be going to school tomorrow in a third hand uniform. A bit embarrassing, but I'm disorganised.

Our second child had a horrible time at school last year and is anxious about returning tomorrow. He has been putting on quite a show for us tonight and is now complaining of stomach cramps. I am hopeful that this will be a better year for him. He has two teachers (3 days/2 days) which isn't ideal for a complicated kid, but from what I've heard they are both fantastic. He does not like his main teacher. She was involved in his detested literacy support program last year (which took him out of the classroom during art time), but his main problem is that this particular teacher doesn't look nice. She is approaching retirement age, has short grey hair and a solid figure. What's more, she wears straight work dresses rather than nice flowing skirts. Dear me!

Child #1, however, is happy and excited about returning to school. He has a male teacher who plays the piano, eats white chocolate, and is as camp as they come!

1 comment:

  1. My uniforms were forth hand (after having been used by 3 older sisters) and half of my other clothes had been used by several cousins before them.

    Some of my fondest memories are of the occasions when I got brand new clothes. Sometimes these were even school uniforms - generally when there wasn't any wear left in the ones my sisters had used or there was a change in the uniform.

    He'll probably be fine as long as you don't make him wear 3rd hand clothes for his entire school career. :-)

    I'm not sure if my sisters 2 & 3 felt it as keenly as I did but they are now much more into clothes than sister 1 and myself. I'd probably be more into clothes if modern fashion actually suited my figure. :-)

    ReplyDelete