- don't use your credit card to buy the baseball bat you'll use in your attack
- don't use your credit card to buy a lanyard and a memory stick that you'll attach to your victim
- don't drive in your own car to the places you'll check for an email
- try to avoid cctv cameras
- don't save draft files of your instruction letter on the memory stick that you attach to your victim. When you delete them, they are still there.
- don't use the memory stick in your own computer, as the owner of the computer you used will come up on the files
- go to busy internet cafes to check your email, not quiet places where the store owners will remember you
Story here. The guy they've got is pleading not guilty.