In case you can't tell, it's meant to be Edward from Twilight. The green one looks a little like him. The others, less so. The kids had to choose a celebrity, draw, photocopy, then colour them.
Last night I made Andrew watch New Moon with me on DVD. He described it as a romance on steroids. I think he has no base line for what a normal romance is like.
Today I saw Eclipse. I enjoyed it.
A few thoughts.
- It follows the book very closely. This meant there were no surprises.
- The wolf animation was quite a bit better than in New Moon. (But this isn't saying much.)
- It was beautiful to watch. The colours and scenery are lovely. Bella is always wearing just the right thing to look amazing against the background.
- The Bella, Edward, Jacob triangle is a bit hard to handle at times. Eat a packet of banana lollies and 2 bags of sherbet fizz, then try to worry down a big stick of fairy floss. They are all so tragic, wanting to die for eachother...
- In New Moon, Edward looked weedy next to Jacob. In Eclipse, he looks both weedy and whingey. But Edward looks better lying down in a field of flowers. So he wins.
- Victoria was unconvincing. Have they used a different actress in each movie?
- The main issue I have with this movie (and the book) is the idea that the perfect love affair is worth giving up everything for. How you are feeling about this person now is how you will always be feeling about them. It's destiny etc etc. Yes, it feels like that, but if they were to leave, you would get over it. Don't take yourself so seriously!
- Oh, and there's the issue that Bella can't exist unless she's hanging off some guy. In this movie, she's literally handed from one to the other and back again. I can't remember a single scene when she's by herself.
- My favourite line: "I'm hotter than you."
Probably more thoughts in the next few days.