Thursday, May 29, 2008

come hear the angels sing

The new emu cd 'come hear the angels sing' will be available next week. A few samples are up on the emu site now. Philip Percival and I wrote tracks 4 (You are our God - see sample) and 8 (Exalted Evermore). If you're not an emu-plus member, become one and get the cd at a reduced price.


I've just listened to the title track (written by Micheal Morrow - who's a star!) - it is brilliant. Communicates such joy that you can't help smiling. Tune and lyric match is amazing. Theologically rich. I particularly like the ideas in the first verse:

come hear the angels sing
'worthy is the lamb that was slain'
gathering round the throne
'hail the son of man, hail the son of man.'
not for their sin he died
it was no angel crucified
and yet they hold him in their sight
and live to praise their Lord.'

But the rest just goes on and gets better and better. Have a listen.

1 comment:

  1. Michael Morrow is a star! He used to go to my brother's church, so I've been hearing his music for awhile. I might have to check this one out.

    And I finally heard "Never Alone" for the first time. Great song!

    ReplyDelete