Friday, May 2, 2008

As You Go

It's funny how we cannot say goodbye
You laugh, agree to send the latest news
I say I'll write but know that it's a lie
Who cares for worn out socks or outgrown shoes?

Our friends all look on, curious for clues
Presuming truth is told from eye to eye
But smiles attest, no hearts have blown a fuse
It's funny how we cannot say goodbye.

You say the final boarding call is nigh
I say, in leaving nobody can lose
The season comes, and birds will surely fly
You laugh, agree to send the latest news.

Like Noah, we march into the ark in twos
Before the clouds form heavy in the sky
If I had my way who knows what I would choose?
I say I'll write, but know that it's a lie.

The sun will set, come morning it will rise
It's not like heaven's choir has lost its muse
A holding glance, in unison a sigh
Who cares for worn out socks or outgrown shoes?

It's funny how we cannot say goodbye
Though smiles attest no hearts have blown a fuse
And though the final boarding call is nigh
Wrapped up to keep, a box of worn out shoes.

SAR 2008

1 comment:

  1. I posted this on facebook when I wrote it a couple of months ago. Sorry if you've seen it before.

    ReplyDelete