I find it all very interesting. I've been following the Republican primaries and reading the christian comments around it all. It's curious.
1. It seems widely accepted that conservativism is a Christian virtue.
2. Many seem to think that abortion, same sex marriage and me not paying a cent more tax are the only issues that God cares about.
3. Many seem to grossly overestimate the power that conservative christians wield within the Republican party.
4. Many seem to have an inflated estimation of the importance of the US in God's plans for creation.
5. Many seem to have an insane prejudice against President Obama. [Silly. Even the Third Eagle of the Apocalypse accepts that he is not the Antichrist.]