Tuesday, December 8, 2009

To Wii or to PS2

We had decided to get a PS2 for the kids for christmas. Old technology, but so cheap. Andrew and I both like smart new shiny toys, so I've felt a little unsettled about the PS2 decision. Feels like buying a 486 computer.

But today Jean mentioned that she's bought a Wii... If her family has gone the Wii way, maybe it's not a bad direction to move in. And there is the argument (that I've always laughed at) that Wii is a healthy option. But Jean works out to Wii fit. Hm.

I've been unexpectedly called into work today. The money I'll earn would be the difference between a PS2 and Wii. Maybe...

Suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. Get the Wii.

    Old technology is overrated.

    Or get a PS3. They're more fun.

    Or just get your kids to use their imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wii is great for teens/adults too.

    bowling and karoke especially work well for social things

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do actually get up a sweat with Wii Fit and Wii Sports...

    And Wii has better games...

    ReplyDelete
  4. the wii is good, we are getting one from my family this christmas...alll we need now is a TV!!

    ReplyDelete