Friday, August 15, 2008

safe in our saviour's hand

safe in our saviour's hand we lie
shielded from danger, held within
hidden from harm as worlds pass by
fearing no evil, trouble, sin.
The nails that pierced his flesh have made
a crevice safe, a resting place
and here through every storm I'll stay
safe in the shelter of his grace.

safe in our saviour's hand we lie
though human hands have done us wrong
and though hard pressed on every side
the humble are in him made strong.
And though perplexed, we won't despair
and though forgotten, not alone
safe though all earthly hopes subside
safe for our saviour brings us home.

safe in his hands, no mortal dread
shall grip my soul, for if I die
my life is held by Christ my head
and I in him will surely rise
No sin, no guilt, no [something else]
will ever turn his watchful eye
forever til forever's past
safe in our saviour's hand I'll lie.

sar 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment