Please answer these questions with a number from 1-9.
1.Very Strongly Disagree
2. Strongly Disagree
4. Mildly Disagree
5. Neither Agree nor Disagree
6. Mildly Agree
8. Strongly Agree
9. Very Strongly Agree
Write down your answer for these 18 questions. Scoring key below.
1. I would prefer complex to simple problems. ____
2. I like to have the responsibility of handling a situation that requires a lot of thinking. ____
3. Thinking is not my idea of fun.* ___
4. I would rather do something that requires little thought than something that is sure to challenge my thinking abilities.* ____
5. I try to anticipate and avoid situations where there is likely a chance I will have to think in depth about something.* ___
6. I find satisfaction in deliberating hard and for long hours. ____
7. I only think as hard as I have to.* ___
8. I like tasks that require little thought once I’ve learned them.* ____
9. The idea of relying on thought to make my way to the top appeals to me. ____
10. I really enjoy a task that involves coming up with new solutions to problems. ____
11. Learning new ways to think doesn’t excite me very much.* ____
12. I prefer my life to be filled with puzzles that I must solve. ____
13. The notion of thinking abstractly is appealing to me. ____
14. I would prefer a task that is intellectual, difficult, and important to one that is somewhat important but does not require much thought. ____
15. I feel relief rather than satisfaction after completing a task that required a lot of mental effort.* ____
16. It’s enough for me that something gets the job done; I don’t care how or why it works.* ____
17. I usually end up deliberating about issues even when they do not affect me personally. ____
18. I prefer to think about small, daily projects to long-term ones.* ____
9 of these items - those with an **asterix** - are reverse scored. You need to adjust your answers. If you had 1, change it to 9. If you had 9, change it to 1. If you had 2, change it to 8. Similarly with 3 and 7, and 4 and 6. Leave your 5s as 5s.
Now add up your answers. And write down you score.
NFC Score : ________