Monday, December 29, 2008

a 'surprise' meal

We were going to have a 'surprise' meal for dinner tonight. A 'surprise' meal is one which I have given no thought to prior to about 5.30pm. I came home ready to surprise my family (and myself!) with a nutritious dinner. Trouble was, I had taken no meat out of the freezer and the kids were wanting to eat immediately...

I did indeed get surprised. It seems that we left the house this morning without shutting the freezer door properly. Bingo. Four sorts of meat defrosted and ready to go (as well as 2 loaves of bread, 2 packets of donuts, some iceblocks...)

The kids were surprised with their sausages. Andrew and I are about to sit down to a meal of prawns. Tomorrow night, it's steak and more sausages. The dog was surprised with her extra bone.

At least we'd run out of ice-cream.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Simone,
    I hope you enjoyed your steak tonight. If you had had icecream melted you could have had some lovely milkshakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're having a nice holiday. I have tagged you in a meme, to be undertaken or not at your leisure. Ali

    ReplyDelete