1. Use your manners. Say please and thank you. Listen to each other. Don’t speak over each other. Use gentle and kind words. No name calling, yelling or insulting. No put downs.
2. No punching, hitting, kicking, pushing or other physically threatening behaviour ever.
3. Don’t try to control one another. You are both grown ups and can be trusted to make decisions.
4. When you are feeling down or anxious or lonely or stressed, don’t self medicate with alcohol, drugs, gambling, pornography, shopping or an affair.
5. Don’t take revenge on your spouse.
6. Overlook whatever annoyances you can. Things don’t have to be a big deal.
7. Forgive offences that you can't just overlook. Remember that you have been forgiven for so much. Pass it on to your spouse.
8. If you are having issues that you can’t quickly work through, go and get help. Everyone should have a good counsellor's number ready just in case it's needed. Better to ask for help too soon than too late.