Sunday, October 5, 2008

silent valentine

Let me say from the start that there is very little original work about this poem. I copied the secret valentine idea and it's just a standard iambic abab 12 liner. But it was quick and fun to write. Sorry that it's not February. If I was more patient I'd hold it till then.


Silent Valentine

This year I send you for a valentine
no words of love, written, uttered, purred
for in case I ever change my mind
this silver silent service is preferred.
I leave no clues or evidence behind
no telltale fingerprints on glasses blurred
and yet I'll wrap your heart up in a bind
with sentiments unspoken, words unheard.
A blind man will still feel the warm sun shine
The deaf will sense the flutter of a bird,
I send to you this silent valentine
that speaks a volume though it says no word.

sar 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment