Sunday, October 5, 2008

Idol Review

ABBA night. Much more interesting than last week.

Chrislyn - Mamma Mia
The least convincing I've heard her so far. Didn't seem like so much fun. Her voice was too yelley. Not nice to listen to. C+

Sophie - Gimme Gimme Gimme
First time I've really liked her. Good arrangement. B+

Thanh - The winner takes it all
I've always liked Thanh but tonight he was fantastic. Would have liked to see him out from behind the piano - by the end he wasn't really playing - but it was near perfect. A+

Roshani - Money Money Money
Very cabaret. She sings so well but still I don't care. B+ (Would have been an A if it had done anything for me.)

Wes - Fernando
Wierd chords. I'd like to hear it again. I could listen to this guy all day. A

Mark - Waterloo
He looks like one of the personal trainers at my gym. Nice tones in his voice but I'd rather see him pump weights than ever sing that again. C

Madam - Dancing Queen
Perhaps its the style but she seems to sit just below the note. A few nice moments but I wasn't convinced. B-

Teale - Thank you for the Music
I wasn't thankful. But if I appreciated a country twang I might be. B

Luke - Knowing Me, Knowing You
Dark! Bit karaoke still. C+

Best performances - Thanh and Wes. Bottom three - Mark, Luke and Chrislyn.

What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. I didn't get to watch it, but now really wished I had been able to. I like Thanh from the other weeks I've watched, so glad he sang well tonight...

    Has the young guy gone yet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Tom got kicked off on Monday night. Not a week too soon...

    Thanh was really good. Would be worth watching it online if such a thing is possible.

    ReplyDelete