Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Five Reasons Why I'm Glad To Be A Presbyterian

I need to write this post. Bear with me.

1. There is more chance of hearing the bible preached in a presbyterian church than in any other kind of church in my city.

2. Presbyterianism encourages creativity, quick thinking and precision timing. Really it does. To achieve good things for the gospel at the denominational level, creative solutions and lightning fast reflexes are essential to prevent serious meeting-deterioration. I have been truly amazed at the skills of some in these areas. One very skillful presbyterian bided his time during a lengthy debate and then, with precision timing, jumped in, quoted the code book and won the day! I cheered (on the inside!)

3. Presbyterianism teaches patience. Do I need to say more?

4. Presbyterianism is the only place where an entire committee would sincerely applaud the fact that a potential OT lecturer is proficient in Aramaic as well as Hebrew.

5. The Presbyterians have a seriously good theological college in Brisbane. And they let others in too!

3 comments:

  1. who are you trying to convince?

    Sounds like an interesting story behind number 4. Will have to ask you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who am I trying to convince? Um... Me?

    Will you be at the pro re nata assembly meeting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very convincing indeed. I might get you to talk to my husband.

    ReplyDelete