1. I'm not talking about general creativity here. I'm talking about creativity when it's a defining part of who you are. It's compulsive. You can't switch it off.
2. Creativity is a liability because you have to come up with everything yourself. Where's the excitement in second hand ideas? What's the use of doing something that's been done before? It feels pointless and even wrong. Copying other people's ideas is like plagiarism.
3. Creativity is a liability because it means constantly reinventing your own stuff. Last year's lessons can't be reused this year because there's no energy in reusing stuff. The buzz has gone. There's no energy to be found there. So every year we reinvent the wheel.
4. Creativity is a liability because what energises the creative, exhausts everyone else. Ask anyone who has tried working with one. The creative is always pushing ahead to the next thing...
5. Creativity is a liability because uncreative, mundane tasks will be looked at with distaste or fear and most often won't get done.
Of course I'm not suggesting that we ban creativity - were such a thing possible! I just wanted to point out that it's not all pretty paintings. There's a flip side to it.