Saturday, July 12, 2008

Celebrity Wedding










Celebrity Wedding


The start of love will never be a chore
So I will raise my glass, enthusiastic,
Delight in plastic joy and see no flaw
Laugh and smile and stifle thoughts sarcastic.

I give them six months. Maybe only four
And they will wish they'd taken steps less drastic,
By then he'll start to think his wife a bore
And she will find his vows somewhat elastic.

This time next year her feet will grace the door
Begin the search for someone more fantastic,
The start of love will never be a chore
Again I'll raise my glass, enthusiastic.

SAR 2008

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying, really trying, to write a sonnet. This is another failed attempt. Can't make the 14 line thing work for me. The 4 line stanza has a fierce hold on me. This is what it looked like as a (poor excuse for a) sonnet.

    Celebrity Wedding

    The start of love will never be a chore
    So I will raise my glass, enthusiastic
    Delight in plastic joy and see no flaw
    Laugh and smile and stifle thoughts sarcastic.

    I give them six months, maybe only four
    Until they wish they'd taken steps less drastic
    By then he'll start to think his wife a bore
    And she will find his vows somewhat elastic.

    This time next year her feet will grace the door
    Begin the search for someone more fantastic
    And with the crowd I'll watch in simpering awe
    Applaud to find hearts flexible, gymnastic.

    The start of love will never be a chore
    Again I'll raise my glass, enthusiastic.

    SAR 2008

    ReplyDelete