1. The fact that we were from a variety of churches and that an attendee's regular song diet could range from traditional, through scripture in song, to contemporary.
2. The passages on which David and Rick were preaching (Romans 8-10 and Genesis 37-50).
3. The fact that I hadn't worked with a few of the music team before and we only had one rehearsal the evening before the conference began. I wanted to keep it all pretty achievable.
4. My tastes (To be completely honest, I chose these songs because I like them. Except one of them. (I put it in because everyone else likes it.))
Here's what we sang.
- Come People Of The Risen King (Townend/Getty)
- How Deep The Father's Love For Us (Townend)
- This Life I Live (Morrow)
- No Other Name (Hodge)
- Grace Awaiting Me (Percival/Richardson)
- Who Would Have Thought (Percival/Richardson)
- Behold Our God (Meghan Baird, Jonathan Baird, Stephen Altrogge, Ryan Baird)
- Blessed Be Your Name (Redman)
- Glorious Day (Casting Crowns)
- Christ Has Risen (Maher)
- Ten Thousand Reasons (Redman)
- Be Thou My Vision
- How Great Thou Art
- Rock Of Ages (Ruth Buchanan tune)
- When I Survey
- Take My Life (Garage Hymnal tune)